- Where can I include a gift message or special shipping instructions?
- There is a check box in Step 4 Shipping Method of the checkout. Just check that little box and another box will drop down for entering a gift message or special instructions for the entire order.
- How do I add your gift box service?
- When you place an item in your shopping cart the appropriate size gift box will appear in the lower left of the shopping cart page. You need to select that before adding more items to your cart or checking out. If there is no gift box option in the shopping cart that item might not fit in any of our gift boxes. Alternatively: type "gift wrap service" (including quotes) into the search bar at the top right and add gift wrapping to your shopping cart for each item you want gift wrapped
- How do I use my gift card or coupon?
- There is a "Discount Codes" section available in the shopping cart before selecting "Proceed to Checkout". Enter or copy and paste the coupon code or gift card number into this section and "Apply Coupon".
- How do I care for my Myrtlewood Bowls?
To care for your oil finished items:
Your oil finish salad bowls can be hand washed and hand dried. Do not put in a Dishwasher or soak in the sink.
Do not use your wood salad bowls to store moist food in. After dinner place leftovers into tupperware or other container for storage.
Wipe clean and occassionally re-oil. We recommend a light coat of mineral oil/beeswax, hand rub in and then polish with a soft cloth.
If the grain raises after exposure to water, sand lightly 180-320 grit or finer sandpaper, and then reoil. We recommend our Beeswax/Mineral Oil Finish. Lemon Oil, Orange Oil, Walnut Oil will also work. If you use salad oil be sure to wipe off any excess so that it doesn't turn rancid.
If your oil finished items become damaged you can sand them with 180-320 sand paper and #0000 steel wool and then reoil to get them back to new.
- To care for your semi gloss lacquer finished items:
Ocassionally dust with a soft cloth.
Although not necessary you can polish with a little hard paste wax or lemon oil, or touch up with a light spray of Deft Semi-Gloss.
If it becomes water spotted or damaged, you can sand lightly with 320 sandpaper and #0000 steel wool then touch up with a light spray of Deft Semi Gloss or Beeswax/ Mineral Oil
- To care for your gloss finished items:
Ocassionally dust with a soft cloth.
To care for your gloss finished salad bowls:
Wipe clean and/or hand wash and hand dry.
Do not put in a Dishwasher or soak in the sink. Do not use to store moist foods.
- With care, your myrtlewood should last for generations.
- Is your wood harvested sustainably?
- Sustainable Forestry is a concept we highly value.
We use mostly wood that has fallen naturally or was fallen for reasons other than
harvesting the wood. If someone calls to try to sell us a myrtlewood tree I ask
them if it is a healthy tree? If it is, I tell them to please let it continue to grow.
We don't encourage or promote falling beautiful trees.
The tree is worth more standing than it is if fallen.
The highly prized color and figure continues to improve with age.
We are able to salvage enough wood from logs that are already down or was otherwise destined for the chip yard or paper mill. Fortunately you can make lots of small things from one tree. And the tree will regenerate from its stump as long as it is not sprayed with herbicides.
- Can you custom cut a piece of wood to my specifications?
- Some pieces of wood can be custom cut, planed, edged, and or surfaced to your specifications + - 1/4". We have a minimum set up charge of $50 for any custom work. We add $50/hr to the cost of the piece chosen to be cut.
- What credit cards do you accept?
- We accept Visa, Master Card, Discover, and American Express.
We also accept PayPal. Or you can send a check. Your order will be shipped after you check has cleared.
Our website works best with the newest versions of Firefox or Internet Explorer.
If you are experiencing any difficulties trying to fill an order, PLEASE let us know so that we can fix any glitches. Let us know what problem you are experiencing, what browser you are using and what version of that browser. We REALLY appreciate your input.
Your order can also be placed:
- By phone:
Call us at 541-271-4222 or toll free 877-MYRTLE3 (697-8533)
- By mail:
If you are not in a hurry, You can place your order online and then send us a check by mail. Your order will be shipped after your check has cleared
- Or by email:
Send us a list of the items you would like to purchase. Include your address and phone number and we will contact you for payment information.
You will receive an order confirmation number online after your order has been placed. If you have entered your email address correctly you will also receive an email confirmation shortly. If the confirmation page has not appeared your order has not been completed. You may need to go back and try again or give us a call.
Shipping & Delivery
We are continually refining our weights and shipping rates to most closely reflect actual shipping costs with insurance.
We ship via USPS or FedEx Ground. Rates are calculated by Weight and zone. Delivery time varies from 2-10 days depending on zone or distance from the Oregon Coast. Weather issues may further delay shipping and, unfortunately, we have no control over that.
We will expedite your order and make sure in stock items get to the post office by the next business day of placing your order
If you need something by a certain date Please email and/or call with your order and address info and we will research the fastest most cost effective shipping options from Reedsport to your location.
Shipping TBD (To Be Determined):
For all International addresses, oversized or overweight packages (and zipcodes that may have gotten left out of the zone chart) actual Shipping charges will need to be researched and then authorized by you before filling your order. We'll email you a link to add the appropriate shipping cost to your order. (You will need to checkout again as our website does not store any credit card numbers.) If you are a registered customer your address and shipping info will already be entered into your new checkout when you log back in. Please make sure your email is typed in correctly to receive the TBD shipping link.
International orders are usually shipped via Priority Mail International (with average 6-10 business day delivery). If you prefer the lower cost 1st Class Mail International (~10-45days) or the higher cost Express Mail International (with average 5business day delivery), let us know your preference in your order notes or by email.
Please double check that your email address is entered correctly so you can receive the shipping authorization link.
For International Orders Please use the "Register & Checkout" option.
For many countries you will need to make sure that the block for State/Province is "Other" non US.
Then, if your country's zip code has numbers only and no letters, enter 000 in the block for the US zip Code.
Be sure to include your country's postal code and all info needed for delivery somewhere such as in address 2, or suite, or in the order notes in the shopping cart.
Alternate Shipping Addresses:
We are happy to send your gifts directly to the recipient. You can add shipping addresses in your account or in checkout Step 3.
Waited till the last minute?
Print out a picture of the item you order, gift wrap the photo, and tell the recipient it's on its way.
- Business days do not include Sundays or Holidays.
- Alaska, Hawaii, and US Territories allow 1-2 additional days for delivery.
- Shipping Dates valid for in-stock items only.
- Shipping charges are not refundable unless we made the error.
If damage should occur in shipping: retain carton, contents and packing materials and let us know. Email us a photo of the damaged item and the packing box. For adjustments in shortages we must be notified within 10 days of delivery.
We offer a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. If you are not satisfied with our product, you may return it in it's original, new, unused condition for a refund of the purchase price minus S&H.
If you need to return an item, please call or email to let us know. Then package the item securely and Ship it via FedEx, USPS or UPS insured.. (Shipping charges are not refunded.) Your card will be credited when the item arrives back at our Gallery. Gift returns will be credited to the purchasers account.
Wood Color and Grain Pattern
Wood color and grain pattern may vary from what is shown in the photo. Due to the variety of colors found naturally in most wood products it may be difficult to get exact matches. We will do our best to put together a package with complimentary wood colors.
Privacy & Security
At the Myrtlewood Gallery, we respect your privacy. Information you provide us will not be sold, traded or shared with any other company or individual.
For your security your order information is sent via 128bit SSL Encryption through our Secure Server. For additional security all credit card info is handled directly through PayPal's secure servers. It is not routed through our computer or stored on our website. We cannot add to the amount authorized when you place your order without you giving us your card # again.
You can verify our SSL Certificate. Just Google "SSL Certificate Check" and enter our url into one of the sites such as sslshopper.net
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
The Myrtlewood Gallery
1125 Highway 101
Reedsport, Oregon 97467
Send us an Email